Stephen Boyd is a Toronto based Information Designer who helps people make sense of their data so that it can be acted on and explored. Stephen’s most recent work is focused on visualizing large volumes of financial transactions, exposing the inner-workings of Genetic Algorithms and building data visualizations for large physical installations.
Projects and Roles
Information Design, Development and Consulting, 2019
Working with cultural sector clients to help them understand and use their data to build audiences and development plans.
CBC Senior Director of Finance & Strategy, 2010-2018
Worked with the CBC’s amazing teams for developing content, distribution partners, advertising and internal digital operations to plan and guide CBC’s direction though several digital transitions.
Some highlights from my time in the position were:
- Building a business case and live trial for a new Audience Data Management Platform
- Representing English Services in the development of CBC-Radio Canada’s joint 5 year Strategic Plan.
- Financial reviews of CBC’s digital footprint,
- Leading Data literacy and privacy projects.
- Working on multiple Olympic games, Stanley Cups, FIFA 2010,
- Running Canada’s largest online contest (at the time) to find a new iconic theme song for Hockey Night in Canada.
Instructor, University of Toronto, Centennial College User Interface Design for Digital Media. 2005-2007
Upcoming Speaking Events
October 30th, 2019 – Visualizing Genetic Algorithms and $23B in UN Spending using Processing/P5xJS
Open Source Projects Contributor
- Processing – Java
- Toxiclibs – Java
- P3MediaServer – Java
Digital Education Volunteering
- Data For Good Toronto Organizing Committee
- Instructor at Ladies Learning Code for Data Visualization using Processing